15 August 2010

I'm a lost toy!

Some may have noticed R2D2 travelling with us and that he appears from time to time in the photos. He actually has his own photo book intitled "Where in the World is R2D2" (He is there under the raised hoof of HS's horse in Nauvoo, IL)
As we drove to Carthage from Nauvoo, I had hurriedly jumped out of the car to snap a picture of the water lillies galore on the Mississippi River and as I pulled the camera out of the bag, the little guy must have fallen out onto the ground. I got my picture, jumped back into the car and we drove off without him.
We were so sad when we discovered him missing because he has been with us for so long. We recalled the spot where we took the picture and we planned on checking there on the drive back. Matt spotted the sad looking "lost toy" before we even pulled over- there he was laying in the gravel. We rejoiced and as we pressed his little button and we could tell by his tone that he was happy to be found.


1 comment:

Jenna Gilbert said...

I was so nervous reading this!! I thought he was gone forever. But I think I should get credit for this idea. :-). You know, since Homer went to Ireland with us....