16 February 2010

Valentine tea

The day before Valentine's day, I had my friends over for a tea. I fussed over the menu and the cooking and the decorations and the activities for days and days. Pride and Prejudice was playing muted on the screen in one room and Princess Bride was on in the other room as part of the decorations. Matt and Seth valet parked the cars.

There were candy filled hearts to take home for loved ones (or self if that's who was loved).
There was a romantic quotes quiz and there were"love maps" to take home and share with partners.

And we had discussions about love and things...
Other Valentine celebrations were breakfast in my room from Matt(- heart waffles with strawberries and whipped cream), an electric fireplace for my bedroom, oh, and Matt got new basketball shoes and soccer socks (and my approval for him to play indoor soccer on Mondays and basketball on Thursdays-stay in shape,blah, blah, blah)
I got to be the room mom for Seth's party, and he made a valentine for the birds.

and a good time was had by all!

2 comments:

Liz said...

What a beautiful fireplace! And what a fun idea for a Valentine's tea. I am so impressed!

Jenna Gilbert said...

I am so upset I couldn't be there! I hope that you saved me some goodies. Like the questions you asked...

Oh, and I wanna watch Princess Bride with you!!!

Love ya! I wish I was as thoughtful as you. Maybe I will try this next year...

J