17 March 2009

St Patrick's Day


Several years ago Seth and I made a box that is all about Leprechauns. The reason for the box is that if you leave such a box out on the night before St Patrick's Day that a leprechaun will pass by and take the box and put "treasures" in it. Not being a kind or gentle creature, he will hide it and we all know that if you don't find it he has the right to come back and take the box with the treasures and keep it for himself. In past years, when Seth was young, the little man left a trail of green from the spot Seth left the box to the spot that it was hidden. Now that Seth is older, this year he left a trail of clues to the spot. I'm thinking next year there will not be any trails or clues- Seth will find it or he won't.














We also had our traditional Corned beef and Cabbage dinner... hey- I'm noticing a food thing with my celebrating... not how I want to be remembered...

3 comments:

Jenna Gilbert said...

It looks like "Ralph" also came last night. Lovin' the hair! How come no one left me a clue and presents at my house last night??

Liz said...

That sounds like the funnest leprechaun ever!!! Our leprechauns only turn the orange juice and french toast green. Way cool!!!

Tami said...

We had the same dinner, but didn't think of the green jello :) Camden told me that leprechauns are made up, so don't have to anything here ;) I agree that alot of holidays have food that go with them, I think it just creates a more enhanced experience for: Now there are smells and tastes of the holiday to go with the sights and sounds :)