23 July 2008
Pioneer FHE
We had a family home evening about pioneers. We told Seth about a 6 year old boy's experience on a handcart company
trek to Salt Lake City. When it was told about how the little boy cried and had to be restrained as his father was lowered into his grave and then it was explained that he was so upset because his fishing hooks were in the father's pocket it really struck how it all became a matter of sheer survival even to the young. I'm not sure Seth was as moved because as we put together a paper model of a handcart we asked Seth what would be important to take since there was so little room for things and he still wanted to take his Nintendo DS. (But then mascara was high on my list). It was a fun night and I think Matt looks cute in his puffy shirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I would take my foundation and my new tanning lotion. Nicolas would take cars...lots of cars.
OK...MASCARA Bobbie? Hmmm. I knew you were someone I'd have to worry about.
You're always so stinkin' creative. You're inspiring!
Post a Comment