
We're back already...
Tour guides by the name of Sinead and Liam and Sean,
spending exclusive time with my baby girl,
brown grainy breads, Irish butter and fish and chips,
landscapes that look like beautiful green quilts with hedges and stone fences,
peat fires burning in the pubs' fireplaces,
rainbows almost daily,
sheep in pastures along side of thatched roofs and castle ruins,
ocean surf against the cliffs sending up sea foam through the air like bubbles,
hotels with bathrobes and towel warmers,
craftsmen ancient and modern day,
secret gardens and Celtic Crosses,
"40 shades of green", daffodils and crocuses,
driving on the wrong side of the road and shifting with the left hand and round a bouts,
history, religion and folklore,
feeling a little ashamed that America has to have everything so Big,
I'll go back again.
3 comments:
Oh Bobbie! That sounds/looks amazing! What a fun memory for you to have with your daughter. And yes, don't we make things not only "bigger", but more complicated. To slow down, to eat more simply, to be involved in less....I think they've got it figured out. Thanks for sharing!
I love you Mommy!! This sounds just like the vacation I remember!! I want to go back and I miss you already!
Let me know when you are going back. I'm there!
Post a Comment